La Mashine

La Mashine

This music was recorded in 1996 – 1998, and consists of several musical projects I did for Adobe, as well as tunes I was working on for personal expression.

Woodmere:

This is the first composition/recording produced in my new studio after moving to Woodmere Road.


PhotoShow

This piece was produced as a backing track to a slideshow of artwork produced with Adobe Photoshop, and was part of the Tour and Training CD included with the release of Photoshop 3.0.


Looking Back

This was the first track I recorded using an alpha version of Opcode’s StudioVision software. Produced in my home studio on Lake Road, it was the last project I completed before moving to the new studio.


Type

This tune was a soundtrack for an Adobe video by Russell Preston Brown; and imaginary video with type swimming, type flying, type morphing into other fonts—imaginary, because the animation was never created. I did the music imagining the video so they could cut the video to the music. Sometimes it just doesn’t go as planned…


Ready to Go

No story about this tune – I had just gotten a new Korg Triton and was inspired by the sounds and this piece just happened.


Lunar Attaches

This one was done for Photoshop 4, and the cover of the CD-ROM had what looked like businessmen carrying attache cases on the surface of the moon. This was a background for the art show video.


Sasha

Sasha is my younger daughter, and it was time to write a song for her.


Autumnal Equinox

It was September 21, I was just playing in the studio and this came out…


Dessert Birds

This one was released with Adobe Photoshop 5.0, and was the soundtrack for the digital art show. The animation that opened the CD-ROM (and for which I created the soundtrack) started with birds flying in the desert. Hence the title of this one…


Illustrating Venus

This was for the digital art show included with Illustrator 7. The animation I scored for the project was a drawing, then, painting of Venus. I am so creative with my titles!


Mashine Blues

The second tune recorded in my new studio and began with an arpeggiated figure that set up a groove, then I built rhythm tracks around the arpeggio and next thing I knew it was becoming a minor blues…